DCSIMG

Local Events Search

powered by
www.wow247.co.uk
Search

Lost Edinburgh: Princes Street Station

Princes Street Station in 1963 showing the ornate refreshments bar in the background. Picture: TSPL

Princes Street Station in 1963 showing the ornate refreshments bar in the background. Picture: TSPL

  • by DAVID MCLEAN
 

PRINCES Street railway station, also known as the ‘Caley’, stood at the west end of Edinburgh between 1870 to 1965. It was the largest train station in Scotland, occupying a vast stretch of the city centre from the north eastern tip of Rutland Street all the way to where present day Festival Square meets the Filmhouse cinema on Lothian Road.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page