99-year-old treated for smoke inhalation

0
Have your say

A 99-year-old woman needed treatment after a fire broke out at a sheltered housing complex.

Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue was called to a flat at Homecross House, Mount Grange, at 4.40am yesterday.

The woman was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

The fire is understood to have started in the fuse board of the woman’s home.

Fire officers attended the scene with two breathing apparatus, a CO2 extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera.

A spokeswoman from Lothian and Borders Fire Brigade said: “Officers gave oxygen to a 99-year-old woman. She didn’t have to go to hospital.”