Baby in hospital after bedroom fire

0
Have your say

A FIVE-MONTH-OLD baby was taken to the Sick Kids hospital after a fire caused by a faulty electric blanket broke out in the bedroom where he was sleeping.

Fire crews who attended the incident on Cobden Crescent in Newington at around 12.20am gave the baby oxygen at the scene.

He was then taken to hospital where he was treated for slight smoke inhalation.

The scorched remains of the blanket and mattress were still lying in the front garden of the house this morning.