Bar Napoli fills with smoke over faulty lights

Firefighters were called at around 11.50am. Picture: Tony Marsh.

Firefighters were called at around 11.50am. Picture: Tony Marsh.

0
Have your say

A CITY centre restaurant was evacuated after faulty down-lights flooded the building with smoke.

Firefighters were called to Bar Napoli restaurant in Hanover Street about 11.50am.

The street was filled with people after fire alarms led to the building being evacuated.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the smoke had been caused by malfunctioning lights located in the ceiling of the women’s toilets.

The spokeswoman said there had been no fire and no casualties.

An electrician has been called out to fix the problem, with fire crews finished at the scene after about an hour.