Blaze death man named

0
Have your say

A MAN who died after a cigarette sparked a fire has been named as Grant Sutherland.

The 41-year-old perished in the fire in Niddrie Mill Drive around 1.40am yesterday.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “The cause was a careless use of a cigarette. The smoke alarm does not seem to have alerted the occupant.”

One neighbour said Mr Sutherland suffered burns in another small fire this year.

Sheena Ferguson, who runs a bakery opposite the flat, said: “I’m heartbroken.”