Burnt hands man treated

0
Have your say

A MAN has been taken to hospital suffering burns to his hands after a fire at his home.

The 30-year-old was led to safety by fire crews after the blaze broke out at the top-floor flat on Polwarth Crescent.

The incident happened around 8pm last night.

Fire crews managed to contain the blaze and transferred the man to the care of the ambulance service.

He was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary having inhaled smoke from the fire and having suffered burns, thought to have been caused by trying to put out the fire.