Case against Theresa Riggi ‘attacker’ goes ahead

Theresa Riggi. Picture: Comp
Theresa Riggi. Picture: Comp
0
Have your say

THE Crown Office intends to press ahead with the case against a woman who allegedly slashed Theresa Riggi, despite her death.

A lawyer representing Angela Hamilton accused of slashing Riggi with a razor nearly two-and-a-half years ago, said he would not be ready for a trial which had been scheduled for next week because the results of a post mortem on Riggi, who died in Rampton Secure Hospital on March 10, were not yet available.

Her lawyer told Stirling Sheriff Court the Crown Office was proceeding with the case. Riggi, 49, originally from California, was serving 16 years for killing her three children in Edinburgh in 2010.