Chip pan fire leaves man in hospital

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Pic: Michael Gillen.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Pic: Michael Gillen.

0
Have your say

A Man has been taken to hsopital after a chip pan fire in a ground-floor flat in Edinburgh’s Orwell Terrace.

Fire crews from Tollcross and Sighthill were called to the fire at around 9.45pm last night. A neighbour raised the alarm after smelling burning.

Firefighters led the man to safety and he was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary suffering from the effects of smoke.