Crews tackle chip pan fire

0
Have your say

A MAN has been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire in south Edinburgh.

Firefighters rushed to Balfour House in Cameron Crescent, Liberton, after receiving an emergency call just before 11am yesterday.

They said the blaze was extinguished prior to their arrival and that a 62-year-old man was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said: “The smoke inhalation was slight – it’s not thought to be serious.”