Edinburgh woman taken to hospital after kitchen fire

Firefighters gave the woman oxygen. Picture: Tony Marsh
Firefighters gave the woman oxygen. Picture: Tony Marsh
0
Have your say

A woman has been taken to hospital after a pan of food caught fire.

The fire service were called to an address on Loganlea Loan in the east of Edinburgh at 11.50am, a spokeswoman for the service said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and gave the woman oxygen before the ambulance crew arrived.

The woman, said to be in her 70s, was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, a spokeswoman for the fire service said.