A PRIMARY school headteacher has warned parents to be extra cautious after a pupil was confirmed to have norovirus.
Sally Barker, head of Dalry Primary, sent a letter home encouraging extra handwashing and other hygiene precautions.
It comes after neighbouring Balgreen Primary was struck by the vomiting and diarrhoea bug, with more than 50 pupils affected.
The school had to be closed on Friday and Monday while a deep clean of the building was carried out to avoid further spread.
Ms Barker said: “We sent a letter home as a precaution.
“Another school nearby has been hit quite hard by it.
“The letter recommends hand washing and other hygiene precautions.
“Since it was sent home, we have not had any other cases.”