EMERGENCY crews were still dousing a major fire this morning that destroyed a community centre in Wester Hailes.
Almost 60 firefighters were needed at the height of the blaze, which tore through the derelict Dove Centre on Hailesland Place last night.
The roof of the one-storey prefabricated building collapsed in the heat, with thick smoke sparking numerous calls to authorities.
Crews rushed to the scene from four different fire stations after the blaze was reported at about 8.20pm.
It took them more than nine hours to get the flames under control.
No-one was injured in the blaze. It is not known whether the fire was started deliberately, with an investigation to be carried out.
Earlier reports the fire had damaged Canal View Primary School, which is part of the same complex, were confirmed as incorrect.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesmen said one truck remained at the scene to check for hot spots.
In a separate incident, firefighters also battled a fire at a single-storey cottage in Currie just before 8pm that started in an electrical fuse box.