DCSIMG

Flats blaze puts woman in hospital

A WOMAN has been treated in hospital after a fire broke out in a flat in the south of the Capital.

Firefighters attended the blaze, which started in a five-storey block of flats in Viewcraig Street, after receiving an emergency call shortly after 3pm yesterday.

A female in her 30s, who was suffering from smoke inhalation, was later taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment but it is understood that she was still conscious and breathing at the scene.

Fire crews said that they extinguished the blaze using a high-pressure hose and breathing apparatus.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page