Fridge sparks museum scare

1
Have your say

An ambulance was called to the National Museum of Scotland after a faulty fridge sparked an ammonia scare.

The incident took place in a staff area of the Chambers Street attraction at around 12.30pm yesterday.

The ambulance crew tended to two people suffering from asthma as a precautionary measure.

A spokesman for the museum said: “This was a minor incident in which a small fridge developed a leak and we called the emergency services.

“Visitors in the museum at that time were not affected.”