Good samaritan hospitalised by chip pan fire

A chip pan fire has left two people in hospital.

A chip pan fire has left two people in hospital.

1
Have your say

TWO elderly men have been hospitalised after suffering burns when a chip pan caught fire.

A 76-year-old passer-by tried to intervene in the fire which had broken out in a home in Everard Rise, Livingston, at 11.23am today.

Two appliances from Livingston were called to the scene where they rescued the resident and the have-a-go hero from the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said: “Two male casualties were rescued including a resident, who was 84-years-old, and a passer-by, who was 76-years-old.

“They both suffered burns to the face and hands.

“The ambulance service carried out treatment for the burns at the scene and the casualties were taken to St John’s Hospital, in Livingston, for further treatment.”

Firefighters extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and two breathing apparatus, and the incident was concluded by 11.50am.