Leith fire: Man, 27, rescued after neighbour alert

Eight appliances attended the three-mile wide blaze. Picture: Tony Marsh/TSPL

Eight appliances attended the three-mile wide blaze. Picture: Tony Marsh/TSPL

0
Have your say

A man was rescued by fire fighters and taken to hospital after his neighbour raised the alarm.

• Man, 27, rescued by firefighters after blaze at 3.30am caused by pan of food

• Man taken to hospital with smoke inhalation

Fire crews were called to a tenement building on Easter Road in Edinburgh at 3.30am where there was a pan of food alight in the kitchen of a first floor flat.

Fire crews had to break into the property to reach the man, 27, and tackle the blaze.

The man was taken by ambulance to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary suffering from smoke inhalation.

A spokewoman for the fire service said: “We were alerted by the upstairs neighbour who reported the smell of smoke. There was no smoke detector in the property.”