Man, 93, in sheltered housing fire

0
Have your say

A 93-year-old man has been treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a sheltered housing complex in Morningside on Saturday.

The man was given oxygen by firefighters before receiving treatment from paramedics following a small blaze sparked by a pan of food catching fire at Viewpoint Housing Association on Craiglea Place.

The fire was extinguished before crews from Tollcross arrived at the scene shortly after 9.20am but firefighters vented the property and administered medical treatment to the elderly casualty.

Just 30 minutes earlier, crews had been called to a kitchen fire at Maggie Dicksons pub in the Grassmarket.

It had been extinguished by the time fire crews from Tollcross and McDonald Road arrived on scene.

Firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to ensure the fire had not spread to other unseen areas of the building.