Man hurt in kitchen fire

0
Have your say

a MAN was taken to hospital after fire broke out at a flat in Leith,

Firefighters extinguished the kitchen fire in Great Junction Street, which broke out at around 6.10pm yesterday.

They were called to the second-floor flat after a pan of food caught fire, and 16 firefighters from McDonald Road and Marionville put out the flames using two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a fire blanket.

A spokesman for the ambulance service said a 23-year-old woman had also been treated at the scene but did not require hospitalisation. Firefighters also rescued a pet cat which had hidden underneath the bath in the flat and become stuck.