Man in hospital after Wester Hailes fire

Firefighters were called to Morvenside Close. Picture: Tony Marsh

Firefighters were called to Morvenside Close. Picture: Tony Marsh

0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a stairwell in Wester Hailes today.

Firefighters were called to the address in Morvenside Close at 4.27am.

A recycling bin was found alight in the stairwell of the three-storey property.

The man was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, where his condition is not thought to be serious.