Man rescued from fire in flat

Fire crews were called to Waverley Park. Picture: Tony Marsh

Fire crews were called to Waverley Park. Picture: Tony Marsh

0
Have your say

A man was evacuated from his home by firefighters after a blaze broke out in his kitchen.

Crews from MacDonald Road and Marionville were called to the fire in a first floor flat in Waverley Park at 9.10pm last night.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “There was a male casualty there.

“He was treated for smoke inhalation and given oxygen by our crews while they waited for the ambulance service to arrive.

“The ambulance service checked him at the scene and he was not taken to hospital.”