Man rescued from window during house fire

Fire crews were called to Durward rise just after midnight. Picture: Tony Marsh
Fire crews were called to Durward rise just after midnight. Picture: Tony Marsh
0
Have your say

A MAN had to be rescued by firefighters from a first-floor window after a blaze broke out at his home in Livingston early today.

Crews were called to the two-storey house in Durward Rise about 12.15am.

The fire had started in the downstairs living room. The occupant had been alerted when the smoke alarm went off, A neighbour dialled 999.

Fire crews found the house heavily smoke-logged and rescued the man by ladder from a bedroom window.

He was treated at the scene by ambulance crews before being taken to St John’s Hospital, Livingston, suffering from the effects of smoke.