A MAN who saved his neighbour from a house fire has been praised as a life-saver.
Firefighters were called to the blaze in Ashfield Court, Dunbar, at around 8.30pm yesterday.
A candle had sparked the fire in the living room of the property, trapping a woman in an upstairs bedroom, but before firefighters arrived a neighbour used a ladder to reach the bedroom window and help the woman to safety.
Another neighbour had also tried to help the woman by breaking down the front door of the house, but could not reach her due to heavy smoke.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “The actions of the neighbours undoubtedly helped save the woman’s life.”