Man suffers burns from bonfire in Penicuik

Fire crews gave the man first aid
Fire crews gave the man first aid
0
Have your say

A MAN was taken to hospital to be treated for burns after putting an aerosol on a bonfire.

The 45-year-old was hurt in Pomathorn Bank in Penicuik on Saturday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the scene just after 1pm to extinguish the fire, and had to give the man first aid.

He was then taken to hospital for further treatment.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service today issued a warning to anyone discarding rubbish on a bonfire.

Group manager Martin Brandrick said: “When having a bonfire it is important to remember never burn dangerous rubbish such as aerosols even when they are empty, because they will explode and may cause injury.