Man taken to ERI after Rose Street fire

Man rescued from city centre fire.Picture: Comp
Man rescued from city centre fire.Picture: Comp
0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital in the early hours of this morning after a fire broke out in a Rose Street flat.

Four fire engines attended the scene at 4.04am after neighbours heard the man’s smoke alarm.

He was taken to the Royal Infirmary by ambulance but his injuries are still unknown.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire was caused by a pan of food that had caught alight.

Fire fighters used high pressure hoses and specialist breathing equipment to extinguish the blaze and managed to get it under control by 04.18am.

The police were also in attendance with all crews leaving the scene by 04.40am.

A police spokesman confirmed the fire was not being treated as suspicious.