Man taken to hospital after Gorgie kitchen fire

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service attended the blaze in Gorgie Park.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service attended the blaze in Gorgie Park.

0
Have your say

A MAN has been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in the city late last night.

Fire crews from Tollcross and Sighthill were called out to a flat in Gorgie Park Close shortly before midnight.

Control staff stayed on the phone with the man to give him “survival advice” until firefighters with breathing apparatus arrived to put out the blaze with a hose reel jet.

The man was then given oxygen therapy before being taken to hospital.