DCSIMG

Men rescued after fire in Capital flat

Two men were found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and were given oxygen by firefighters

Two men were found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and were given oxygen by firefighters

Firefighters came to the aid of two men on Christmas Day after a fire in a city flat which was sparked by an electrical fault in a fan.

Crews were called to a second floor tenement flat in Buchanan Street, Leith, at 4.30pm yesterday.

Two men aged 60 and 72 were found to be suffering from smoke inhalation and were given oxygen by firefighters until an ambulance arrived.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews were called to Buchanan Street where a house was alight.

“The fire started due to an electrical fault in a bathroom fan.

“Oxygen was given to two males aged 60 and 72 who were suffering from smoke inhalation until an ambulance arrived.”

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

UNMISSABLE SHOWS.
UNMISSABLE COVERAGE.
MAKE THE MOST OF THE FESTIVAL
(BEFORE YOU MISS IT)

#WOWFEST

In partnership with

Complete coverage of the festivals. Guides. Reviews. Listings. Offers

Lets Go!

No Thanks