A MUM and two children have been taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a house.
Firefighters were called to the three-storey property in Mowbray Rise, Dedridge, West Lothian, just after 10pm last night. The blaze is believed to have started in a cupboard on the first floor.
A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said the woman and children, aged 13 and 15, were suffering from shock.
All three were taken by ambulance to St John’s Hospital in Livingston.
The fire brigade also added that the household had no working smoke alarm, and had the blaze occurred later on in the night when the family were sleeping, “it may have been a different story”.