Mum-to-be rescued from high rise fire

0
Have your say

A PREGNANT woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a tower block in The Calders this morning.

Thick smoke engulfed the upper floors of the Cobbinshaw House high rise after a blaze sparked in a bin chute jammed with rubbish above the eighth floor at around 4.30am.

Fire chiefs said the fire may be suspicious but investigations are ongoing.

“The building was smoke-logged from floors eight to 12,” said group commander Mike Partington.