OAP hurt in house blaze

0
Have your say

A PENSIONER is being treated in hospital after a fire broke out at a house in Oxgangs Brae.

The 71-year-old woman was given oxygen at the scene before being admitted to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for further examination.

Fire crews from Sighthill used four breathing kits and a hose reel to extinguish the blaze, which started in the living room at around 9.50pm yesterday.

Firefighers brought the fire under control within around 30 minutes.

The woman was conscious and breathing when she arrived in hospital.