OAP in hospital after Gorgie chip pan fire

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Pic: Michael Gillen
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Pic: Michael Gillen
0
Have your say

A 71-year-old man has been taken to hospital with burns after a blaze in Gorgie this afternoon.

Four fire engines were called to the chip pan fire in a ground floor flat in Smithfield Street at around 2.20pm.

The man, who was the sole occupant of the flat, was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary with burns to his hands and neck.

A spokeswoman said firefighters from Tollcross, Sighthill and McDonald Road were involved in the call-out.