OAP injured in house fire

0
Have your say

A PENSIONER was taken to hospital after a fire at her home in Ormiston just after 4am.

The 89-year-old woman suffered smoke inhalation after fire broke out in the ground-floor property in Cockburn Drive this morning.

The elderly woman was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters also dealt with a fire within a single storey roof space at North Mains Hall, Bathgate.

Five pumps and 35 firefighters helped to quell the blaze. No-one was injured.