One-year-old treated in hospital after fire breaks out in house

0
Have your say

A ONE-year-old boy was taken to hospital after a fire in a bedroom in the Capital.

Fire crews were called to the house in Denham Green Avenue at around 10pm last night.

The boy was taken to the Sick Kids suffering from smoke inhalation. There were no reports of any other casualties.

Meanwhile, two women had to be rescued from a flat after a fire in a kitchen.

Crews were called to the incident in Thornybauk, Fountainbridge, at around 10.30pm.

A 46-year-old woman was taken to the ERI for treatment to burns and smoke inhalation.

A 50-year-old woman was also rescued and treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but the service said she refused to go to hospital.

In a separate incident a 70-year-old woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a small fire at her home in Sighthill Terrace at around 7pm last night.

Paramedics treated her at the scene but did not need to take her to hospital.