Pensioner rescued from Leith flat fire

The pensioner was taken to hospital after being rescued. Pic: File

The pensioner was taken to hospital after being rescued. Pic: File

0
Have your say

AN 85-year-old man was taken to hospital after being rescued from a flat fire in Leith.

Firefighters were called to the ground floor flat on Gordon Street about 2am yesterday.

The blaze was caused by a pan of food that had caught alight.

The man was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment from smoke inhalation.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “The fire was reported by a neighbour who smelt smoke. The property did have a smoke alarm, but it had a flat battery.”