Pensioners saved from home fires

0
Have your say

TWO pensioners received medical attention for smoke inhalation following two separate fires in sheltered housing accommodation.

The first blaze broke out at Baldwin Court, Penicuik, at 6.30pm yesterday where a 90-year-old woman was given oxygen after a mircowave caught fire.

An hour later a 82-year-old man was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation when his pan of food caught fire at Wauchope House in Niddrie.

Fire crews extinguished both blazes quickly before treating the casualties.