OWNERS of a city pub slammed by hygiene inspectors have confirmed the business has since received a clean bill of health.
The Melville Lounge, in William Street, was one of 176 businesses highlighted by food safety inspectors in 2011 after breaching standards.
The owners have pointed out that the problems experienced were in fact the fault of neighbouring properties.
Inspectors had warned the premises over sewage leaking into a room below the pub and evidence of rat droppings.
Manager Melanie Cranston said: “Another business near to us had a rat infestation which meant they were getting into our building too.
“The burst sewage pipe was actually the property next door, but we still fixed and paid for it as it was affecting the business.
“Everything is fine now and the inspectors have been back and are happy.”