Restaurant worker has face burnt by oven fire

0
Have your say

A WORKER was admitted to hospital after a fire broke out at an award-winning restaurant.

The 24-year-old man was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary suffering facial burns, as a result of an oven fire at the Waterside Bistro, Haddington.

Ambulance staff attended the incident at around 10am yesterday morning and a spokesman said the male was taken to Edinburgh’s Royal Infirmary with burns to the face.

Fire officers from Haddington and East Linton attended the scene after being contacted by ambulance staff.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders fire service said: “Four firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a Co2 extinguisher to bring it under control.”

The upmarket restaurant, situated on the banks of the River Tyne, was recently highly commended as Family Outlet of the Year.