Saturday night TV blaze sparks rescue drama

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service vehicle.

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service vehicle.

0
Have your say

Firefighters had to rescue a man from a blaze in his home after his television caught fire.

Emergencies services were called to Kaim Crescent in Bathgate at around half past seven on Saturday evening, where the TV was alight the bedroom of a detached house.

The 70 year-old was rescued by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, and the blaze was put out using a carbon dioxide extinguisher.

The man was taken to St John’s Hospital in Livingston, where he was treated for smoke inhalation.