First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced her new Cabinet, in a reshuffle which sees Edinburgh East MSP Kenny MacAskill leave the post of Secretary for Justice.
City-born MSP John Swinney becomes the new Deputy First Minister, while retaining his finance role.
The First Minister said: “This new Cabinet is a team of all the talents, which will take forward this Government’s priorities for Scotland.
“The aims of my Government are clear: to create a nation that is both socially democratic and socially just, a nation that is confident in itself and governed effectively and a nation which will address poverty, support business, promote growth and tackle inequality.
“The new Cabinet team I have announced today will pursue these priorities with verve, vigour and determination.
“Every member of the Cabinet is part of this Government’s top team on merit, on the basis of the excellent work they have already done as ministers. The Cabinet line-up is also a clear demonstration that this Government will work hard in all areas to promote women, to create gender equality and it sends out a strong message that we will start the business of redressing the gender balance in public life starts right here in Government.
“I said earlier this week that we will leading by example on equal representation, and encourage others to follow by addressing low pay and improving childcare. The Cabinet appointments I have made today will ensure these issues have the highest priority.
“I also want to take the opportunity to thank outgoing cabinet secretaries Kenny MacAskill and Mike Russell for their sterling work in government.
“I am confident that we are now equipped with the men and women who will go forward and deliver on these aspirations to create a better Scotland.”
The full list of Cabinet appointments are:
• Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Constitution and Economy – John Swinney MSP.
• Cabinet Secretary for Infrastructure, Investment and Cities – Keith Brown MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Fair Work, Skills and Training – Roseanna Cunningham MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning - Angela Constance MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport – Shona Robison MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Communities and Pensioners’ Rights – Alex Neil MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Justice – Michael Matheson MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Food and Environment – Richard Lochhead MSP
• Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Europe and External Affairs – Fiona Hyslop MSP