Sex assault accused ‘had opportunity’

0
Have your say

A MAN accused of a New Year sex attack on a four-year-old girl was the only person who had an opportunity to be alone with the child, a jury has been told.

The High Court in Livingston heard evidence that Mohammed Akram told other guests at a party flat that he was going to the toilet.

But he did not return to the living room where the others were for around 15 minutes – allegedly long enough to indecently assault the youngster in her bedroom.

Akram is on trial for alleged attacking the girl in the early hours of January 1, 2011.

The 51-year-old denies the charges against him.

A video recording of the child giving her version of the incident was shown to the jury yesterday. The girl, who can’t be named for legal reasons, had already identified Akram as her attacker at a police identity parade. The trial, before Lord Brodie, continues.