DCSIMG

Students flee flat bin blaze

Fire crews on the scene in South Clerk Street

Fire crews on the scene in South Clerk Street

Three students were treated in hospital after a bedroom bin fire.

The blaze took hold in a first-floor flat in South Clerk Street at 3.30pm yesterday. There is speculation it was caused by a cigarette end.

Two men and a woman were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

Later, at 5.30pm, crews attended a fire in a ground-floor flat in Home Street.

Two women and a man were given oxygen therapy at the scene by firefighters.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page