Three rescued from Drylaw fire

0
Have your say

THREE people were rescued after a fire broke out in their stairwell.

A man, woman and child were led to safety by firefighters from a flat in Wester Drylaw Avenue after a large amount of smoke filled the stairwell at around 11pm.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire & Rescue Service said all three were treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics but no one was taken to hospital.

A police spokesman also confirmed that the fire was an accident and was believed to have been started by a cigarette despite initial reports the fire was started deliberately.

Firefighters extinguished the fire by 11.50pm.