HOUSE fires left three elderly residents suffering smoke inhalation in separate incidents over the weekend.
A male pensioner was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary on Saturday night after a blaze broke out in the ground floor of his Whitecraig Road property in Musselburgh.
Fire crews used a hose reel and breathing apparatus to fight the flames which sparked at around 9.45pm. A smoke detector triggered the alarm.
Meanwhile, two elderly women were treated at the scene following a fire at Whitson Grove at 10.10 on Saturday night. One of the casualties was said to be in her 70s and the other in her 80s.
Neither required hospital treatment.