Three women hurt in blaze

0
Have your say

Three women had to be treated with oxygen following a fire in the Murrayfield area.

Firefighters were called to Innerwick House, on Ellersly Road, shortly after 7.30pm on Saturday evening after a fire was caused by a tumble dryer. Fire crews extinguished the flames and gave oxygen to a 57-year-old woman who had inhaled dry powder from a CO2 extinguisher and two others aged 58 and 42.

Later that evening, at around 9.45pm, firefighters were called to a fire caused by a pan of food in a flat on Elgin Street. The blaze was quickly brought under control by fire crews.

A 36-year-old man was already out of the flat when firefighters arrived.