Two escape blaze at flat

0
Have your say

tWO people had a lucky escape after a blaze broke out in a ground-floor flat in the city.

The fire, which started in a fuse box, took place in Henderson Street at around 4am today.

Two adults inside the flat were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector and managed to escape before firefighters arrived. They did not require any medical treatment.

A fire spokeswoman said: “Firefighters used the megaphone to give advice to occupiers of the remaining flats.”