Two in hospital after Dalkeith fire

Two women were taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. Picture: Greg Macvean

Two women were taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. Picture: Greg Macvean

0
Have your say

Two women were taken to hospital after a kitchen fire in the early hours of this morning.

Fire crews from Dalkeith and Musselburgh were called to the property in Bruce Gardens, Dalkeith, at 3.47am.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “On arrival our crews found the property was smoke logged and there was a fire in the kitchen that was extinguished by removal.”

It is believed the blaze broke out after a pan of food was left unattended.

Two women were rescued and taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary with “slight” smoke inhalation.