Two rescued as food pan starts blaze

0
Have your say

TWO people had to be rescued from a flat in Midlothian after leaving a pan full of food unattended.

A neighbour of the pair on Braeside Road, Gorebridge heard a smoke alarm go off this morning at 2am.

Firefighters forced their way into the property and brought them to safety, but they did not require hospital treatment, and the fire was then brought under control.

Meanwhile, yesterday at around 8pm a fire broke out at a home in Boghall, Bathgate.

The property was well alight when crews arrived, but it is understood nobody was in the building.