Two rescued from fire at Edinburgh flat

Firefighters from White Watch at Sighthill Fire Station , off on another call with lights and sirens blazing .
Firefighters from White Watch at Sighthill Fire Station , off on another call with lights and sirens blazing .
0
Have your say

TWO people have been rescued from a flat after a frying pan went up in flames.

Firefighters broke down the door at an address Fairbrae, in Saughton, at 3.19am today to find the male and female occupants, who were suffering from smoke inhalation.

They were treated on scene by the ambulance service but did not require hospital treatment, said a fire service spokesman.

In a separate incident two people suffered smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in a kitchen grill in Durar Drive, Clermiston.

Crews were called to the scene at 10.09pm last night and helped two men from the premises.

Both men were treated by paramedics at the scene but were not taken to hospital.