Two safe as flat burns

0
Have your say

TWO students suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in their Nicolson Street flat yesterday.

Firecrews in breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze, which sparked at 1.25pm in the third-floor flat of a five-story Edinburgh University building.

The casualties, both male and aged around 20 years-old, were treated at the scene.

Around 15 firefighters from stations in Tollcross and McDonald Road tackled the fire, which was extinguished within an hour.

An ambulance attended the incident but was not needed.