Two treated after chip pan blaze

Two people suffered smoke inhalation
Two people suffered smoke inhalation
0
Have your say

TWO people have been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a chip pan caught fire.

Fire crews from Whitburn and Bathgate were called to the blaze in a ground-floor flat in Loch Maree Way, in Whitburn, West Lothian, at 4.22am today.

A man and a woman suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital for treatment.

A fire and rescue service spokeswoman said: “The chip pan had caught fire after the family had gone to bed. Two people were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.”

Their condition is not thought to be serious.

Firefighters left the scene just after 5am this morning.