Two treated after Newingington fire

Two treated after Newington fire. Picture: Jon Savage

Two treated after Newington fire. Picture: Jon Savage

1
Have your say

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire.

The blaze broke out in a three storey building in Blacket Avenue in Newington at around 5pm yesterday.

The occupant managed to put out the fire using a fire blanket.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus to vent the property.

A further five people were checked over at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.